Here you will stay up to date with the most current information regarding Sunday services, ministries, groups, and events. You can also visit their respective Facebook pages for information, posted resources, and possibly video updates or events. Find more videos and updates on our CrossRoads Church Facebook page.
as of Apr 1, 2020
With federal and provincial mandates to stay home as much as possible (and to social distance when not possible) and to self-isolate when experiencing any signs of illness, the way we each live and work has changed dramatically. At CrossRoads, we are responding in these ways:
- Our building is closed to the public, other than dropping off tithes and food; we have set limited access to staff and contractors in order to comply with government directives
- We are looking at how we can continue ministry to the extent possible and to be fiscally responsible
as of March 30, 2020
- ALPHA will be run online. More info to come.
- Join us LIVE at 3pm on Tues, Wed, Thurs weekly.
as of March 26, 2020
- Head.Heart.Hands - We Care Food Initiative will be running out of the Church. If you are participating, please follow all posted signs for health & safety.
as of March 25, 2020
I am concerned as well, which is why, as Premier Kenney has outlined, public health orders will now be enforced by law.
This step is essential to protect the health and safety of Albertans.
Alberta’s enforcement of Public Health Orders is in addition to the decision of the federal government to implement a mandatory 14-day quarantine, under the Quarantine Act, for travellers returning to Canada.
This step is serious, and it is necessary.
We must do everything possible to stop the spread of COVID-19, to support our health care workers, and to keep our family, friends, neighbours and vulnerable Albertans safe.
Mandatory Isolation information provided by the Government of Alberta and can be found here.
as of March 24, 2020
- Equipped, with Charlene Giesbrecht, will now be streamed online
as of March 23, 2020
Reminder that our Sunday services are now online only. Join us Sundays at 9am, 11am & 6pm at CrossRoadsChurch.ca/watch.
The church facility is now officially closed for public use. However, our church office remains open. If you are hoping to drop off your tithes or have an appointment with a Pastor, please access the building through the Main Southwest Entrance.
as of March 18, 2020
At this time, the following events have been postponed:
- Rooted Women's Conference
- Sock Wars
- Jr. High Parent Connect
- Soup & the 6
- Celebrate Recovery
- Alpha (looking into a digital delivery option)
- April Baby Dedications
The following events have been cancelled:
- Marriage Preparation Course
- Engaged Encounter Weekend
- GEMS April Luncheon
- Faith at Home Gr. 1
- Seder Dinner - consider hosting your own at home. Click here to see how.
Here at CrossRoads Church we’re committed to gathering together to worship Jesus in large gatherings and we desire to be a welcoming place for any and all who come.
However, we care deeply about the whole person and in light of the COVID-19 virus situation we are taking responsible precautions to reduce risks and ensure the health and safety of everyone that visits our church.
We are actively monitoring the advisories from the Public Health Agency of Canada, the Government of Alberta and Alberta Health Services. Here are their website links if you’d like to do the same.
We trust that God is sovereign and in control of all things. And while we need to be wise and discerning during this time we will not live in fear. Let’s be in constant prayer for the following areas:
- For those immediately affected by the virus around the world and in our communities
- For God’s peace and wisdom to be ever present
- For wisdom and discernment for our government leaders, our church staff and ministry leaders
- For opportunities for you to love your neighbours during this time
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
-- Philippians 4:6-7
Thank you for understanding and for your cooperation during these unprecedented times. We will keep you posted on any updates to services, events, ministry activities and how this situation could affect our church family. Please watch our website, social media channels and digital bulletins for any notifications.
Pastor Dan Cochrane and The Leadership of CrossRoads Church