Do you find yourself with big life questions right now? Wondering if there is more to life than this...
IS THERE HOPE?
Join the conversation.
- Alpha will start January 17th, 2023 - Every Tuesday at 7pm and a meal served at 6:30pm in the Chapel
To register, find your preferred alpha course in our group's catalogue.
What is Alpha?
- Alpha is a place to explore the Christian faith with others. Each session has a video, a talk, and space to discuss and ask questions.
- It is designed for people without a church background or who wouldn’t call themselves
a Christian. It’s an opportunity to invite friends to hear the Gospel (potentially for the first time) and explore a relationship with Jesus (you can even attend with them).
What Can I Expect?
- Over 11 weeks, expect relevant topics, relatable hosts, and a relaxed environment.
- Each session provides an opportunity to get to know others in a casual setting.
- A short talk that examines a different aspect of the Christian faith to start great conversations that everyone can be open and honest when participating.
- The first week is the Come & See Dinner and watching "Is There More to Life?" video
- Start time is 6:30pm for a complimentary supper
- Complimentary childcare provided
11 Weeks | 16 Sessions
- Is There More to Life Than This?
- Who is Jesus?
- Why did Jesus die?
- How Can I Have Faith?
- Why and How Do I Pray?
- Why and How Should I Read the Bible?
- How Does God Guide Us?
- Introduction to the Weekend
- Who Is The Holy Spirit?
- What does the Holy Spirit do?
- How Can I Be Filled With the Holy Spirit?
- How Can I Make the Most of The Rest of My Life?
- How Can I Resist Evil?
- How and Why Should I Tell Others?
- Does God Heal Today?
- What About the Church?
Who's It For?
More than 19 million people have attended Alpha courses in tens of thousands of churches, cafes, workplaces, prisons and pubs around the world. Explore Alpha in all its various contexts -- there's an Alpha around the corner for you.
Anything Else I Should Know?
Alpha is an established global ministry, engaging people wherever they are on their journey. Each course runs 11 weeks, a total of 16 sessions, with one weekend commitment. You don't have to come to the whole course – pop in for the first night and see what you think. No pressure.
For more information, contact CommunityLife@CrossRoadsChurch.ca