What is Alpha?
- Alpha is a place to explore the Christian faith with others. Each session has food, a talk,
and space to discuss and ask questions.
- It is designed for people without a church background or who wouldn’t call themselves
a Christian. It’s an opportunity to invite friends to hear the Gospel (potentially for the first time) and explore a relationship with Jesus (you can even attend with them).
What Can I Expect?
- Over 10 weeks you can expect relevant topics, relatable hosts, and a relaxed environment.
- Each session begins with a meal, providing an opportunity to get to know others in a casual setting.
- Food is followed by a short talk that examines a different aspect of the Christian faith that start great conversations that everyone can be open and honest in participating in.
10 Weeks | 16 Sessions
- Is There More to Life Than This?
- Who is Jesus?
- Why did Jesus die?
- How Can I Have Faith?
- Why and How Do I Pray?
- Why and How Should I Read the Bible?
- How Does God Guide Us?
- Introduction to the Weekend
- Who Is The Holy Spirit?
- What does the Holy Spirit do?
- How Can I Be Filled With the Holy Spirit?
- How Can I Make the Most of The Rest of My Life?
- How Can I Resist Evil?
- How and Why Should I Tell Others?
- Does God Heal Today?
- What About the Church?
Who's It For?
More than 19 million people have attended Alpha courses in tens of thousands of churches, cafes, workplaces, prisons and pubs around the world. Explore Alpha in all its various contexts -- there's an Alpha around the corner for you.
Anything Else I Should Know?
Alpha is an established global ministry, engaging people wherever they are on their journey. Each course runs 10 weeks with one weekend commitment. You don't have to come to the whole course – pop in for the first night and see what you think. No pressure.
For more information, contact CommunityLife@CrossRoadsChurch.ca