Foundations in Faith
When we look at the last couple of years, it is easy to see how quickly our foundations can be shaken. Most of us build our lives around our families, our jobs, our activities, and our friends. We’ve seen how quickly those things can crumble and make us feel unsettled.
This should open our eyes to the fact that we have to build our lives on the foundation of Jesus and His way. Then whether we are feeling overjoyed or overwhelmed, whether we are employed or not, whether we are with our friends or on our own, He is the summit where our feet are.
UNDERSTAND. EXPERIENCE. PRACTICE.
Starting Sept 20, 2021
Registration for the fall 2021 session is now closed due to reaching maximum capacity. If you are interested in participating in a future Foundations course, please contact Pastor Denise at DeniseS@CrossRoadsChurch.ca.
What is Foundations?
- Foundations is a course that is meant to help us build our lives on Him. This is a course for those of us who are Christians but who want to dig deeper into what it means and looks like to actually follow Jesus – to be His disciples. We want to learn how to think well about things so that we can live them out in a way that helps us represent God to the world around us. We will immerse ourselves in the things of God, recognizing that what we do flows out of what we believe.
What Can I Expect?
- Over 8 classes, we will discover fundamentals of faith that fall under the 4 Priorities of CrossRoads Church from Isaiah 58.
- Each session is designed to explore a specific topic together through teaching and group discussion in a welcoming environment.
- Each week will end with an action point to encourage putting into practice the foundation we discussed.
- We anticipate you will begin to recognize that as you allow Jesus to form you, He will make you more like Him through the power of His Holy Spirit working in your life.
9 Weeks | 8 Sessions
- What Does It Mean to Follow Jesus? (Monday, September 20, 2021)
- God's Big Story (Monday, September 27, 2021)
- The Bible: Knowing God and Living His Way (Monday, October 4, 2021)
- Break Week - Thanksgiving (Monday, October 11, 2021)
- Sharing God's Story (Monday, October 18, 2021)
- Giving of Ourselves and Our Resources (Monday, October 25, 2021)
- The Body of Christ (Monday, November 1, 2021)
- Talking to God (Monday, November 8, 2021)
- A Life of Worship (Monday, November 15, 2021)
Who's It For?
This course is designed for Christians who desire to grow in their understanding and practice of the foundational beliefs of Christianity. Whether you're a new believer or have been a Christian for a long time, we will seek to go deeper as we allow the Holy Spirit to change us as we join God in the things He is doing!
Anything Else I Should Know?
The goal of this course is to help people understand the elementary truths of God's Word (Hebrews 5:12) and put them into practice (James 1:22-24). It was designed and written by Pastor Denise Snyder, Spiritual Formation Pastor at CrossRoads Church.