56ers @ Home
September 19, 2021
All AboutReading God's Word
Memory Verse: Psalm 25:4-5
Watch the video, then get your Bible and look up Matthew 7:24-27. Go through the following questions on your own or with an adult!
1. Are there any weird words in this passage?
2. What do you think foundation means?
3. What do you notice? What do you wonder about? (Do you think this really happened? Or did Jesus just make it up for His point?)
4. What’s the biggest storm you’ve ever experienced?
5. Why do you think the man built his house on sand? What would it be like to lose your entire house? Why do you think Jesus told this story?
6. What does this story say about God? (He wants us to do what He says so we can have a good life. He is a strong foundation that will get us through storms.)
7. What does this story say about people? (we can be wise or foolish; we can trust in the wrong things) What is one thing you think God might want to say to you in this passage?
Read the passage through a few times and look for a word or phrase that jumps out at you. Once you have a word or phrase, ask God what He wants to say to you about that word or phrase.
September 19, 2021 Curriculum Sheet
This is what students will be doing in class this week. We encourage you to do it at home as well, if you cannot make Sunday School!
Is my Child Ready for Communion
56ers and Communion
K-6 Discipleship Curriculum