What is Membership?
The Bible calls each of us to be a participating and contributing participant in our local church and to grow in our spiritual walk with God. Membership is a defining moment for each of us as we formally 'step out of the stands' and publicly affirm a commitment to Christ and to a local church.
What am I committing to if I become a member?
In a general sense, you are simply committing to the fact that you want to grow in your walk with Christ and be part of the community at CrossRoads Church. As well, you are saying that you agree with the vision and direction of this body and you will use your gifts in ministry to help accomplish the vision. Specifically, you are committing to the following statements:
As a participating member I will commit to:
- Attend CrossRoads Church for at least 3 months
- Participate in one of our Engage Events
- Agree with and sign a GivelLife membership covenant, living out your life of faith according to Scripture
- Receive affirmation from the Board of Elders
- Publicly identify your faith in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior
- Commit to using your gifts in meaningful acts of service
How do I become a member?
The requirements for church membership are as follows:
- Baptism as a committed follower of Jesus Christ
- Attendance at CrossRoads Church for at least 3 months and begin serving in the church
- Commitment to living according to the membership covenant
If you have any questions about membership contact the Church Office.
Upcoming ENGAGE Events
Tuesday, November 10
6:45 - 9:15pm, Room 205-207 (Upstairs, East Wing)
Email: MicheleR@CrossRoadsChurch.ca to register.