Prevent the Spread
Under the Public Health Act, Alberta has declared a public health emergency and therefore, our Church facility is currently closed for public use.
Please consider staying home if:
- You are elderly, immune suppressed, have a pre-existing health condition or are highly vulnerable to the virus in some other way.
- You, your spouse, children and/or family member are not feeling well including fever, cough or shortness of breath.
- You have just returned from traveling outside of Canada. As per Alberta Health, please self-isolate for 14 days.
We ask you to:
- Maintain social-distancing practices.
- Use good hygiene practices, including frequent hand washing for at least 20 seconds.
- Use alcohol-based hand sanitizer only if soap and water are not available.
- Resist touching your face, nose, eyes or mouth.
- Avoid close contact with people. Health officials advise keeping a social distance of at least 1-2 meters - as coronavirus can spread through water droplets from mouth & nose. During this period, avoid hugs, handshaking and other kinds of touching and don't be offended by those who avoid shaking your hand or giving you a hug.
- Have wipes with you to clean surfaces you will touch or to clean your hands after touching certain surfaces.
- Cough and sneeze into the bend of your elbow.
- Stay at home and away from others if you or your children are feeling sick, have a runny nose, sore throat, cough, fever etc.
- keep 2 meters between you and others.
- Monitor your health and contact your primary health provider or 811 Health Link if you have questions or concerns about your health.
- Follow the Alberta Health Services guidelines found HERE.
We are doing our part through adhering to Government of Alberta Standards by:
- Closing our building for public, group, or event use. Other than dropping off tithes & food, there is limited access to the building.
- Most staff are currently working from home.
- Closing most rooms and bathrooms for staff or public use. Only those marked will be available to use so that we can sustain continual deep cleaning of spaces.
- Encouraging the increased use of hand washing and sanitizer stations.
- All large staff gatherings have been cancelled and transferred to online where applicable.
- Entrances available:
- SE (Theatre) - Food Drop off only
- S (Main foyer) - visitors, packages, tithing
- There are tables or bins setup in the foyer for intake or outgoing items. Debit/Credit machines are in the Hub for tithing. Offering is to be dropped in the main office and it will be immediately deposited into the safe.
Finally, Encourage & Pray for one another:
- For those immediately affected by the virus around the world and in our communities.
- For God’s peace and wisdom to be ever present.
- For wisdom and discernment for our government leaders, our church staff and ministry leaders.
- For opportunities to love our neighbours during this time. Find our downloadable Neighbour Card HERE.
Be Peaceful. Be Mindful. Be Helpful.